For more information about the BioAssay Express
, contact us at
Collaborative Drug Discovery
With BioAssay Express for the first time you can:
- Explore the similarity of assays within and between organizations
- Browse and group assays based upon meaningful, detailed criteria like cell type, target, readouts, assay kit, etc.
- Identify similar assays both early on for assay validation and later on for greater confidence in SAR (structure activity
relationship) trends from a standardized set of over 3500 meticulously, expert-annotated MLPCN “Best of PubChem” assays
- Iterate on predictions and experimental validation with greater confidence by comparing apples-to-apples with objective
criteria for assay similarity
The first step involves a streamlined interface to make it as easy as possible for scientists to annotate their assays
using a collection of standardized terminology:
To help with the underlying data, we have created the Common Assay Template, which draws from a number of underlying
vocabularies created by domain experts, including the
BioAssay Ontology (BAO),
Drug Target Ontology (DTO),
Cell Line Ontology (CLO) and others.
When text is available (e.g. for annotating legacy data), the interface makes use of machine learning & natural language
processing to suggest terms, speeding up the process.
We have used this to
curate more than three thousand assays from
This growing collection of curated assays can be searched,
explored or perused one at a time:
- Click here to view a random assay that has been curated by an expert...
- ... or here for a random assay that has yet to be curated.